Thursday, June 23, 2011

Building Suspense

You didn't miss a beat: I missed Wednesday. Sigh.

Would you buy that I was building suspense??

Ok, I'll try harder. I'll get there.

But today's post isn't about that; it's about Facebook Friday! But I need to get some housekeeping out of the way:

I am removing the Step 1, etc. from each post because some of these things could happen in any order. Instead I will have "Suggestions".

Now, today's Suggestion: Build suspense.

When you are going to announce anything, even a silly change in your routine like making a day a certain topic, it is good to build suspense. Look at JK Rowling's announcement of Pottermore today. It began with a little tease last week to tune in for her announcement today. Today's announcement says come back in a month. In one day, she got 120,000 followers on Twitter.

I built suspense by telling you Monday to tune in Wednesday to find out more about Faceboook Friday. Notice I didn't leave the announcement for the day the thing actually is. My announcement (so utterly lame compared to Pottermore) may attract enough interest from one reader to hit subscribe so they get my next post. It could happen!

What exactly is Facebook Friday, you ask? Every Friday my blog post will be about using Facebook to market yourself. Little tidbits that I will use to build myself, and some that I will just share as ideas for others.

Doesn't it sound AWESOME??

It will be. Come back tomorrow and see.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! You can choose to comment as a guest or use any of the other login options available after you hit "Post As". Thanks for contributing to the conversation :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...