Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tooting and Passing

I'm tooting and passing again today.  Tooting my horn and passing on an award, that is.  I have been given an award from Kate Larkindale, an awesome fellow blogger I met during last month's blogfest.  Kate can be found at Fiction and Film and is a writer and a movie theater manager. I worked in a movie theater as a manager for years and loved it, just FYI.

Thank you, Kate! I'm truly honored.

The goal of this award is to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules of the award are:

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!


And here's my picks:

  1. Michelle Fayard at Bird's Eye View Michelle is absolutely the best at building online relationships. Not only does she comment on what seems like every blog she follows, she also seems to be there first. She Tweets shout-outs and emails when she's left a response to a comment you wrote. I highly encourage y'all to take a look at what she's doing if you're trying to build your online image.
  2. Christa at Christa Writes  First, I love the colors of Christa's blog. It has an immediate happy feel.  Next, she is a mom who blogs and avoids housework. My kinda mom.  Third, she has a series entitled "Inside the Author's Studio", a play on the Bravo Series "Inside the Actor's Studio", which is just brilliant. Christa's blog exudes with personality. Check her out.
  3. Jaye Robin Brown JRo is another very supportive online community builder.  She also has a design template that I love, easy to look at and draws me to return.  She's a working writer mother and I admire her resolve to continue writing midst all the busyness.
  4. Andrea Mack at That's Another Story Andrea's one of the few blogs I follow that's really dedicated to Middle Grade - my category of choice.  She has a great Alphabet series of Middle Grade writing.  It helps inspire me when I'm stuck on my own MG stuff.
  5. Amber Plante at Suspending Disbelief  Another blog that's easy to look at.  Believe it or not, this is important.  I love Amber's personality.  Her posts are both relevant and personal, which isn't always an easy task. She's an editor and her tips are very helpful.  She's already received this award from someone else, but I had to give it myself.  
Congratulations everyone! Thanks for what you give the blogging world!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous! Congratulations on the award and congrats to all those who walked away with one!!

Michelle Fayard said...

Thank you very much for this award, Laura! Coming from the person who administers one of my favorite blogs, it means even more to me. And I couldn't agree more with your other four picks.

amber said...

http://amberplante.blogspot.com/

Left you a thank you on my blog :) you rock, lady!

Andrea Mack said...

Thanks so much for the award, Laura! It's very sweet of you.

Jaye Robin Brown said...

Finally getting a thank you up
www.jayerobinbrown.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! You can choose to comment as a guest or use any of the other login options available after you hit "Post As". Thanks for contributing to the conversation :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...